On The Boulevard of Iquitos With The Master Carver Bigote

Bigote, on the boulevard in front of the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, with his latest carving, Evolution

Here we are on the boulevard of Iquitos again. This time with the master carver, Bigote, and his latest masterpiece, Evolution. Bigote and my son Mateo built and polished the two beautiful bars in the Amazon Explorers Club. They carved many intricate miniature tagua and seed art pieces together. Mateo graduated to master carver and has since expanded his art skills beyond the Master. But I digress. This photo is about Bigote, one of the characters you might meet on the boulevard. Bigote means mustache  in Spanish. He carves unique souvenirs for you.

Bill Grimes reporting from Iquitos, on the boulevard, in front of the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe.

1 Rachael Redfern December 5, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Amazing carvings. It looks lovely on the boulevard . It’s just sad that dad (Wally Lloyd) isn’t still there too. I’m sure he would have loved those carvings too.
Hope he’s still thought of, and missed over there as much as he is back in the UK.
He had some very good friends over there.
Rachael x

2 Dan December 5, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Hi Bill! How are you? It looks like you are living the life!!

3 Dan Wheeler December 5, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Guess the last name might help huh!

4 Captain Bill December 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Hi Rachael, thanks for checking up on your father’s friends. We can not count the number of times Wally is mentioned in our conversations. He is missed.

5 Mike Collis December 6, 2011 at 8:54 am

Racheal My Dear,

Bill is so right, there is not one single day that your Father is not mentioned in a affectionate way. Only ysterday I was at the golf course
telling a new member about Wally and how he had designed and built our magnificent course.

He is truly missed.

We are thinking of having a tournament in January the 28th being our anniversary and the 29th Wally’s so we might dedicate the tournament to Wally, perhaps you might like to fund a small trophy ?

6 Captain Bill December 6, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Hi Dan, thanks for checking on me. How are you? I’m doing the best I can with what I have to work with:) How about you? Say hi to Randy, Steve and the rest of your family for me.

7 Leo December 26, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Nice carving. Also, congrats to Mateo.

8 Leo January 16, 2012 at 9:58 am

I’d like to include my name to the list of people who miss Wally. By the way, how is Mateo doing?