Conventional wisdom has it difficult to open a new restaurant and survive the first year of business. I didn’t think it was too difficult but we had the advantage of blending the Dawn on the Amazon Café in between our well known mature businesses, Dawn on the Amazon Tours and Cruises on one side and the Dawn on the Amazon Explorers Club on the other side. I have to stop calling it our new business now that it’s over a year old and fits in as if it’s always been there.
We commemorated the first anniversary with a new menu design and a dozen new dishes. Marmelita and I spent two weeks working on the new international concept and another week with the crew fine tuning the new recipes. We are very proud of the results and I think you will like them.
Here are some friendly reminders for you to consider when you are in Iquitos;
- The Dawn on the Amazon Café opens early at 7:30am until 10:00pm. Closed Sunday.
- Brewed, roasted, organic, fair trade, world class Peruvian coffee from Rainforest Herbal Products.
- International fusion menu featuring Peruvian, North American, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Spanish, and Brazilian cuisine.
- Ayahuasca Diet Menu. No salt, sugar, cooking or salad oil, dairy products, or pork.
- We only use purified water, every step of the way, from the market to our kitchen, to your plate, for the coffee, tea, soup, ice, and juice, to rinsing and soaking fruits and vegetables in purified water three times, so you don’t have to worry.
- Over 50 delicious choices for S/13.50 = $5 or less.
- No plate full of delectable food costs more than S/19.90 = $7.37.
- Homemade, (literally), from scratch, free of MSG, artificial ingredients, refined sugar.
- Take out. Call 234921 or 600057 to order in advance or to make a reservation.
- The Dawn on the Amazon Café has been open since Feb. 2010. Our goal is to be in the top 2% of restaurants in Iquitos. How are we doing?
- We have been in the top 2% of providers of tours and cruises for several years. Ask about our day trips. They’re fun. You’ll like them. Including the complimentary bottle of champagne. Relax! Let us take care of everything. Let’s celebrate!
- Wi-Fi is S/3 = $1.11 per hour. Would you like to receive free Wi-Fi, a 10% discount on all items on the menu and all Dawn on the Amazon Tours and Cruises, and a lot more benefits? Join the Amazon Explorers Club. Save money and have more fun.
Thanks for choosing the Dawn on the Amazon Café.
Bill Grimes is also manager of the Amazon Golf Course among other endeavors.