Wedding Of The Year

Wedding Of The Year

A guest post by Michael Collis

Bill and Marmelita Grimes, married June 26th, 2010, San Matin Catholic Church, Iquitos Peru

Mrs. Alice Marie Grimes of Crawfordsville, Indiana, USA, is very proud to announce the wedding of her eldest son William David Grimes to Miss Marmelita Flores Pua. Bill, as we know him, is the President of Dawn on the Amazon Tours and Cruises and Marmelita is the Administration Manager of his company. Bill is also the founder of the Amazon Explorers Club and the Founding Member of the Amazon Golf Course.

On Saturday 26th June more than 200 guests attended the Roman Catholic marriage ceremony at the Church of San Martin de Porres here in Iquitos, and the solemn ceremony was conducted by Father Raymundo Portelly. The Best Man was Douglas Dawson, a lifelong friend of Bill also from Crawfordsville and the Matron of Honour was Dr. Noelia Raffo a longtime friend of Marmelita. The Bride and Groom were attended by 5 bridesmaids. Marmelita and the bridesmaids wore beautiful hand made gowns.

After the wedding the reception was held at Vista Amazonic Building on the Avenue de Marinas.

After a wonderful dinner, which was accompanied by the Iquitos String Orchestra, everyone danced into the early hours of Sunday to the music of Agrupacion Mil de Abeja, a wonderful time was enjoyed by all.

Early the next morning the happy couple left for a 10 day honeymoon visiting Paracas and the Pacific beaches south of Lima.

Wedding of the Year

A guest post by Michael Collis

To learn how Bill and Marmelita got from the proposal to the wedding and beyond, please click the links below;

Our Last Full Day In Huaraz, I Proposed Marriage To Marmelita. Did She Accept?;

Marmelita And I Set The Wedding Date;

Marmelita And I Married May 17th, 2010;

Marmelita And Bill Are Happily Married On June 26th 2010;

How To Be Successfully Legally Married In Iquitos Peru In 20 Easy Steps;

1 Dave Bonnett June 27, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Dear Bill and Marmelita
Congratulations!!! The picture says it all. Dottie and i look forward to joining you as soon as possible. Have a great honeymoon
Dave

2 leo jones June 28, 2010 at 9:28 am

Beautiful pic of two wonderful people. An emergency came up that prevented me from attending this glorious event. Please accept my apology for not attending.

3 Randy Quinn June 28, 2010 at 11:10 am

Bill and Marmelita,

Congratulations. Bill, I knew you couldn’t get along without Marmelita the first time I saw the two of you together.

As Dorthy says, “This isn’t Kansas anymore.”

You’ve obviously found a new life in Iquitos that suits you to a ‘T.’

Sorry to hear about the Amazon II.

Randy Quinn
1/4th of The Over the Hill Gang
From the First ‘long’ Raft Race

4 mike Collis June 28, 2010 at 11:28 am

To Leo,

Yes Leo you missed a wonderful day, it was truly beautiful and very emotional, I must admit I shed a little tear or too. The Reception was exceptional, with great food, music and company. I danced untill my legs and feet ached.

To Bill and Marmelita, I wish you both the very best of happiness to you both and to Bill don’t forget what the priest said about service.

Much Love to You Both,

Mike and Elizabeth

5 Marc June 28, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Dear Marmelita and dear Bill,

I received a mail from Mike with the link to here, I clicked on it, corrected a bit the address 😉 , and all of a sudden I saw your picture.
Al toque it brought a smile on my face and some special feeling in my hart. I am really happy for you two. You did the best move. I do not wish you anything because I know that you will have a wonderful life.

See you soon.

Marc

6 Debbie Blair June 28, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Bill and Marmelita,

You two are a very beautiful couple. I wish you lifelong happiness together. Can’t wait to see the new married couple when I return to Peru! Congratulations!

7 Gart van Gennip June 28, 2010 at 2:06 pm

What a great day for two great people! Again, congratulations to both, you deserve to be happy. That was some awesome wedding cake! I am sure you’ve got all the pictures you need, but if you want some more, I’ll be happy to send along mine. Good luck, and enjoy the honeymoon!

8 Dale Baskin June 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Congratulations Bill and Marmelita! Here’s to many happy years together!!!

9 rob June 29, 2010 at 7:35 am

lovethr pictures,great to see love is alive,all the best in your future Bill and Marmelita from Rob Ireland..

10 Amin in Iran June 29, 2010 at 8:17 am

Congratulations to Bill & Marmelita.

Good Luck

11 John and Bella in london June 29, 2010 at 8:30 am

Congratulations to you both.

12 Dennis Chiles June 30, 2010 at 2:25 am

Congratulations Bill and Marmelita, wonderful photos!!! wishing you many, many happy years together.

13 Juan Custodio Garcia Rengifo March 14, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Felicitaciones Marmelita soy Juan Garcia…tu promoción de las aulas secundarias en el colegio Maynas de Iquitos… te deseo mucha felicidad..

Dios te bendiga

14 Captain Bill March 14, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Hey Juan, no puedo creerlo que lindo saber de ti, como estas? espero que todo vaya genial en tu vida, mis mejores deseos, si estas en la ciudad me gustaria verte y saber mas de ti,,ja,ja,ja, gracias por contactarte conmigo x esta via, es una muy agradable sorpresa, un fuerte abrazo y gracias por los buenos deseos,,,Bendiciones tambien, mar